The Increasing Diversity of Jakarta as the Capital city with a multicultural, multi-religious, and multi-ethnic population, predominantly Islamic and Christian, is further enhanced by the presence of expatriates in Indonesia, especially in Jakarta, for business, tourism, and other purposes. In this context, expatriates or non-Muslim communities will seek high-quality Christian-based schools, considering their established careers or businesses, placing them in the upper-middle-class category.
Typically, expatriates search for a Christian International School. As the name suggests, these schools are specifically designed for students of the Christian faith, offering an international curriculum. Consequently, students attending these schools come from various ethnicities and countries.
For those seeking a Christian international school in Jakarta, especially in the West and South Jakarta regions, it is advisable to choose the best school. There are several ways to gather information, such as through the internet. However, due to the abundance of Christian international schools in Jakarta, careful consideration is needed. One effective method is to visit the schools directly to assess the facilities, accompanied by your children. Usually, you will be guided by a staff member to tour the school and be briefed on the curriculum and facilities. Through direct observation, you can obtain more detailed and accurate information about the school.
In conclusion, for those looking for an international school in South Jakarta, you can now enroll your child at Ichthus School. We are a leading international Christian school in the Jakarta region, with locations in Cilandak, South Jakarta, and Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta.
What Sets Apart Students in International Schools?
Have you ever wondered what distinguishes students in international schools from those in national schools? If the advantages of attending international schools have been discussed earlier, this time we will explore the enjoyable aspects of acquiring knowledge in international schools.
Having Friends from Various Parts of the World:
- Building friendships with people of diverse backgrounds makes you more open-minded. Being friends with those from different corners of the world allows you to learn and become more adaptable. As friends may change frequently due to migration, you get to share unforgettable experiences with people from all over the globe.
Frequent Practice in Presentations and Debates:
- From an early age, students in international schools are taught to speak in front of the class and express their opinions. As they progress to high school, their understanding of subjects will be evaluated through various presentation and debate formats. This exposure helps students become accustomed to public speaking, fostering critical thinking and active participation.
Mixing Indonesian and English Is Not a Big Deal:
- Daily communication in English with teachers and friends at school allows students to understand both theory and grammar, as well as speaking and listening skills. This bilingualism becomes a valuable asset.
Casual Interaction with Teachers:
- In international schools, students are accustomed to friendly and open communication with their teachers. With teachers coming from various countries, conversations extend beyond academics. Teachers often show concern for students’ non-academic development, creating a closer bond between teachers and students.
Diverse Extracurricular Options:
- Extracurricular activities, commonly referred to as “ekskul,” extend beyond typical options in national schools. International schools offer a variety of activities such as horseback riding, lacrosse, cricket, and more. Moreover, these activities are designed to prepare students for international competitions.
These are some of the aspects that differentiate students in international schools from their counterparts in national schools. For those considering international schooling, Ichthus School can be a suitable option. Ichthus School is one of the Christian international schools in Jakarta. For more information, you can visit the Ichthus School website at www.ichtusschool.com.
Why Choose a Christian School?
The choices you make for your children’s education shape them academically, spiritually, and in their worldview and skills. In Christian schools, faculty and staff are equipped to handle every aspect of a child’s development. These schools take the responsibility seriously to develop a child’s mind while not separating God from academics. They understand that nurturing skills in young people is crucial to helping them reach their God-given potential.
Christian educators help cultivate a worldview where God has a rightful place, turning to the Bible for guidance in answering life’s big questions. These teachers enhance spiritual development intentionally and consistently.
Christian education at ACSI member schools will help your child grow spiritually, academically, and culturally. In fact, surveys like the Cardus Education Survey and other education studies show that ACSI schools develop the whole child better than other schools. See why Christian education is worthwhile or find a Christian school near you by searching the ACSI member directory today!
Advantages of Ichthus School
The educational programs at Ichthus School are designed to help provide students with a holistic Christian worldview. It aims to interpret all aspects of life in the light of the Bible and as articulated in the Reformed creed. Ichthus aims to graduate students who not only have competence in academics but also strives to graduate young individuals who are knowledgeable and capable of serving and loving God and their neighbors. To achieve these goals, all programs must center on God, meet the highest educational standards, and be taught by faculty committed to Christian teaching and scholarship.
To attain these objectives, Ichthus students are expected to live according to Christian principles. Honoring God in all activities and living to serve Christ is of the utmost importance. The following aspirations must continue to be held before students, teachers, and parents:
- Christian virtue development, such as love, honesty, politeness, obedience, respect, sincerity, and bodily and mental discipline, must align with Scripture.
- Christian citizenship and leadership development in school, in chosen professions, or in the community must align with the Bible.
- Christian scholarship development according to the abilities given by God.
At Ichthus Christian High International School, we believe that God promises to be our God and the God of our children. Therefore, it is our covenantal responsibility to educate our children in the light of this relationship and in the light of an understanding of Scripture. It is not enough to turn our children over to secular education and then hope to add a religious understanding later. We strive to train our children into a deep and intelligent understanding of life. We hope they will learn from us, both how to think, feel, and live as Christians.
This understanding of the covenant also shapes us as a school for families whose children have many gifts, interests, and vocational and academic plans. We are not just a college preparatory school, although most of our students go on to college and do very well. We are also a school for students who do not intend to go to college and for students who have special educational needs. While there are some limitations to what we can provide, we intend to be a school for all Christian families.
When God gave His people the Ten Commandments, He commanded us to impress them on our children, to wear them on our foreheads, and to place them on the doorposts of our houses. We are to talk about them both morning and evening. We believe that this demand of God is a demand for Christian schools. Christian education is not just a safe alternative to public education, and its greatest value is not even in its academic excellence. Christian education is a vital tool for Christian families to raise their children in the way and knowledge of the Lord.